Saturday, July 30, 2011

The $1 EyeShadow

Hello everyone! As you know I love makeup and I am always trying different brands and colors just for the fun of it. From Chanel to Arbonne to MAC to the grocery store makeup and now to this! You guys are not going to believe what I have found. I must say that after trying thousands of products I don't easily get impressed, but this totally knocked my socks off. So last Friday I went to "Dollar Tree" to get some shower caps and I was walking through the -beauty aisle- I saw that they actually sell make up, yeah you read right, make up! And for a buck! Out of curiosity I had to see what things they have to offer for just a dollar. To my surprise they have quite a variety and among all I saw this eyeshadow (L.A. COLORS in purple):
I thought to myself... "what the heck, its just a buck. If its crappy as I am thinking it probably is, I have just wasted one dollar out of my wallet," so I decided to get it. Then I came home, took a shower, and decided to give the new eyeshadow a try. Mostly when I've tried a cheap eyeshadow, the real color never comes across when you apply it on your skin, therefore making your money worthless. All I have to say after trying it is: best dollar I have spent! It actually went on really good and it was a really rich color. Here is a pic showing how I applied it:

I do have to say that it is a really good $1 eyeshadow to try whenever you want a different look to your usual make up, I saw this purple one and a dark aqua blue at the dollar store. In my opinion I wouldn't recommend it for daily use (you know.. if you are paying a dollar you cannot be getting the best ingredients) but it would be fine to use here and there.

That Friday I went dancing in the night time, so when I got home and I was about to get my makeup off, and to my again surprise, the eyeshadow had stayed on almost perfect (and you know how sweaty one gets). Next time you go to the dollar store you will have to get one and try it just for fun! Here are some more pics that show the color and application of the eyeshadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment